SPC Control Chart Tools for Android Studio
Add variable control charts (X-Bar R, X-Bar Sigma, Individual Range, Median Range, Levey-Jennings, EWMA, MA, MAMR, MAMS and CuSum charts), attribute control charts (p-, np-, c-, u-, and DPMO charts), frequency histograms, and Pareto charts to Android/Java based applications and applets using the SPC Control Chart Tools for Android.
X-Bar R Chart with integrated table support, frequency histograms, scroll bar and customize plot objects
The QCSPCChart SPC Control Chart Tools for Android software is an object oriented, Android based toolkit aimed at developers who want to add static and dynamic quality control charts to their Android applications. Typical users are SPC engineers and other quality control professionals creating .Android- based applications that will be used to monitor critical quality factors in manufacturing, process, and service industries. The feature rich toolkit includes templates for the most common SPC control chart types: variable control charts (X-Bar R, X-Bar Sigma, Individual Range, Median Range, Levey-Jennings, EWMA, MA, MAMR, MAMS and CuSum charts), attribute control charts (p-, np-, c-, u-, and DPMO-charts), frequency histograms, probability charts and Pareto diagrams. The software will automatically calculate SPC control limits using historical data for the supported variable control chart and attribute control chart types. Alarms can be generated for standard +3 sigma control limits, or standard SPC rule sets (WECO, Nelson, Juran, Hughes, Gitlow, AAIG, Westgard and Duncan). Alarms can be color highlighted in the SPC charts and table. It will also calculate process capability ratios (Cp, Cpl, Cpu, Cpk and Cpm) and process performance indices (Pp, Ppl, Ppu and Ppk). Users are able to interact with charts: adding annotations, defining custom tool-tips and editing notes. There is no comparable product for Android available at any price.
QCSPCChart for Android Studio (2.4)
The standard Android programming IDE for it first seven or eight years was Eclipse. In our first version of QCSPCChart for Android, we supplied all of the libraries in Eclipse compatible jar formats, and used the Eclipse project structure for making the libraries, and the example programs. The Eclipse version of the software is still available using the model number AND-SPC2-DEVR. In 2014, Google has changed course, and now considers Android Studio the official IDE for writing and deploying Android applications. They have since discontinued support for Eclipse. Therefore we now offer this version of the software, where the libraries are made using Android Studio and all of the example projects are in Android Studio format, and use a newer UI system based on Android fragments. The library distribution format has been changed from jar-based, to the Android aar file format. Similar to the jar and zip format, aar is basically a zip file with a designated list of items describing Android specific contents. The aar library file format is easier to integrate into Android Studio based applications than the older jar format. This version has added the Levey-Jennings with Westgard rules chart for laboratory QC users.
User Manual – View the QCSPCChart user manual using Adobe Acrobat.
Download Trial Version (67MB) – Unzip the downloaded Trial_QCSPCChartAndroidStudioR2x4.zip file, preferably to drive c:, preserving the directory structure. This results in the software being installed in the \Quinn-Curtis directory. As a bare minimum read Chapters 1, 2, and 10 of the manual, \Quinn-Curtis\AndroidStudio\docs\QCSPCChartAndroidStudioManual.pdf. Chapter 10 will have usage information with respect to Android Studio..
*Requires that your target system has the current version of the Android Studio installed, and you already have either a physical device, or a emulator configured to run Android apps.
Related Quinn-Curtis Products
|QCChart2D||QCChart2D for .Net||QCChart2D for Win Apps||QCChart2D for WPF||QCChart2D for Java||QCChart2D for Android|
|QCRTGraph||QCRTGraph for .Net||QCRTGraph for Win Apps||QCRTGraph for WPF||QCRTGraph for Java||QCRTGraph for Android|
Have any questions ? Contact: email@example.com
- Android Studio IDE – All examples are supplied in Android Studio configuration.
- Based on the android.graphics API – Compatible with Android components and applications.
- Recent New Features – support for Nelson, Juran, Hughes, Gitlow, AAIG, Westgard and Duncan rule sets in addition to the WECO rules. Exisiting rules can be customized, or new rules created using templates. Added MAMR (Moving Average / Moving Range) and MAMS (Moving Average / Moving Sigma), DPMO (Defects per million) charts. As an aid to internationalizations, all of the default (US English language) strings have been moved into a single static class, where they can be initialized at runtime with country specific values. The Android Studio version has added the Levey-Jennings with Westgard rules chart for laboratory QC users.
- Variable Control Chart Templates – X-Bar R – (Mean and Range), X-Bar Sigma, (Mean and Sigma), Median and Range, X-R (Individual Range Chart), Levey Jennings, EWMA (exponentially weighted moving average), MA (moving average), MAMR (moving average / moving range), MAMS (moving average / moving sigma) and CuSum. A special version of the X-Bar Sigma chart supports variable sample sub-group sizes.
X-Bar R Chart (Mean-Range Chart)
|X-Bar Sigma Chart (Mean-Sigma Chart)||I-R Chart (Individual Range)|
|Median-Range Chart||Batch Control X-Bar R Chart with time stamp labeling of x-axis||X-Bar Sigma Chart with Variable Subgroup Sample Size|
|EWMA (Exponentially Weighted Moving Average Chart)||MA Chart (Moving Average Chart)||CuSum Chart (Tabular Cumulative Sum Chart)|
|Batch X-Bar R Chart with user-defined strings labeling the tick marks of the x-axis||Levey-Jennings Chart using Westgard rules||X-Bar R Chart with no table|
- Attribute Control Chart Templates – p-Chart (Fraction or Percent of Defective Parts, Fraction or Percent Non-Conforming), np-Chart (Number of Defective Parts, Number of Non-Conforming), c-Chart (Number of Defects, Number of Non-Conformities ), u-Chart (Number of Defects per Unit, Number of Non-Conformities Per Unit ), and DPMO-Chart (Number of Defects per Million). The p-Chart and u-Chart templates come in versions which support variable subgroup sample sizes.
|p-Chart (Percent Defective Parts, or Percent Defective Non-Conforming)||np-Chart (Number Defective Parts, or Number Non-Conforming)||c-Chart (Number Defects, or Number Non-Conformities)|
|u-Chart (Number of Defects Per Unit, or Number of Non-Conformities per Unit)||p-Chart with Variable Subgroup Sample Size||u-Chart with Variable Subgroup Sample Size|
- Other SPC Chart Templates – Frequency Histograms, Normal Probability Plots with probability scales and axes, and Pareto Diagrams.
|Frequency Histogram with Specification Limits and Normal Curve-Fit||Pareto Diagram||Normal Probability Plot|
- Integrated Table Support – Sampled values, calculated data values and alarm status values can be part of the SPC Control chart. Every sample subgroup has a pop-up notes text edit box where an operator can add observations.
X-Bar R Chart with integrated table display of sampled data, calculated data values, and alarms.
- Integrated Frequency Histograms – The variable control charts and attribute control charts can display a frequency histogram, with an optional normal curve-fit, of the process variable side by side with the main SPC chart.
X-Bar Sigma Chart with frequency histograms and table support for calculated values
- Customize Chart Objects – All of the plot objects created in the SPC chart templates are accessible to the programmer, allowing tremendous flexibility in the look of the SPC charts.
Customized backgrounds and plot objects
- SPC Control Limit Calculations – SPC Control limits can be set explicitly, as the result of your own calculations, or the limits can be automatically calculated at 1-, 2- and 3- sigma levels using our own internal routines
- Multiple SPC Control Limits – Control limits can be placed at 1-sigma, 2-sigma and 3 sigma levels for high and low SPC control limits.
SPC control limits at the 1-, 2- and 3-sigma levels
Color zones for control limits
- Process Capability Ratios and Process Performance Indices – Automatic calculation and display of process capability ratios (Cp, Cpl, Cpu, Cpk and Cpm) and process performance indices (Pp, Ppl, Ppu and Ppk)
An X-Bar R chart with Cpk, Cpm and Ppk data displayed in the data table.
- Variable SPC Control Limits – Control limits can either be fixed, and can vary with time. Variable control limits can be specified manually, or calculated automatically as the result of control charts which use a subgroup variable sample size.
- Western Electric (WECO), Nelson, Juran, Hughes, Gitlow, AAIG, Westgard and Duncan Rules – The software will automatically calculate and process the alarm limits for the Western Electric Runtime Rules (WE 1, 2, 3 and 4), and Supplemental (Trending) rules (WE 5, 6, 7, and 8). It will also process Nelson, Juran, Hughes, Gitlow, AAIG, Westgard and Duncan rule sets. Rule parameters (N of M exceed +-2 sigma for example) for any of the standard rule sets can be customized. Mix and match rules from different rule sets to create you own custom rule set. You can also define custom rules using our standardized rule templates. Details about the rules sets can be found here.
An X-Bar R chart with that use Western Electric Runtime Rules
Levey-Jennings Chart using Westgard Rules.
- Data Tooltips – Integrated data tooltips display chart data values in a popup window.
Median-Range Chart, with tool tip display
- Integrated Scrolling – A scroll bar option permits the user to window in on 8-20 sample subgroups at a time, from a much larger collection of measurement data, representing hundreds or even thousands of subgroups, and move through the data, similar to paging through a spreadsheet. The scroll bar controls both the table and chart scrolling.
X-Bar R Chart with integrated scroll bar.
- Dynamic Updates of SPC Charts – SPC Charts can be updated and control limits re-calculated in real-time.
Dynamically updated X-Bar R chart with variable control limits
- Auto-Scaling – The y-axes of the SPC charts can be auto-scaled to display all data and control limits, or the minimum and maximum value of the y-axis can be explicitly set.
- Control Limit Alarm Events – Alarm events can be triggered whenever a process variable exceeds an SPC control limit.
- New Alarm Features – There is a new status line in the table section that gives a direct indication of whether or not the corresponding process variable is in, or out of, alarm. The status line has a tooltip, so if you click on an alarm, a pop-up box will show you details. Optionally, the entire column associated with a sample interval can be color highlighted to indicate an alarm condition. Alarm details can be automatically logged to the notes log. The symbol used to plot a process variable point in the primary and secondary charts can be made to change color in the event of an alarm.
- Data logging – SPC data values can be logged to disk in the CSV (comma separated value) format, for import into spreadsheets and other programs.
- Image Rendering – The SPC Charts, including the integrated tables, can be output as a JPG file.
- Documentation and Demo/Example Programs – The software includes a comprehensive 300 page user manual with many programming examples, and example programs for every chart type.
- Our license agreement can be found here.
- The SPC Control Chart Tools for Android Studio Developer License is available in a Developers Version (model # AND-SPC2-DEVR) that does not time out. Free updates for two years. The Developers Version of the SPC Control Chart Tools includes the QCChart2D software and there is no need to purchase QCChart2D separately.
- The SPC Control Chart Tools for Android Studio Developer License is licensed to a single individual. It cannot be used by multiple people at the same company, unless a separate license is purchased for each person. Site licenses are also available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of how many seats you wish to purchase and we will respond with a quote.
- The SPC Control Chart Tools software does not use a redistributable license. The basic developer license permits you to include QCSPCChart as part of your application and distribute an unlimited number of copies of your application, royalty free.
SPC Control Chart Tools for Android Redistributable Licensing
- The SPC Control Chart Tools software does not use a redistributable license. The basic developer license permits you to include QCSPCChart as part of your application and distribute an unlimited number of copies of your application, royalty free. We do not allow developers to use this software to create a graphics toolkit (a library or any type of graphics component that will be used in combination with a program development environment) for resale to other developers.
Custom Programming Services
- SPC Control Chart Tools for Android Studio is an extremely powerful and flexible software package. It contains over 1000 methods and properties in more than 120 classes. The user manual and help file documentation are more than 1500 pages. This can be overwhelming to the average programmer who wants to start programming today and have the prototype of an application working in a week.
- The variety of user interfaces for charting applications is as diverse as the industries using the software. The end-user of an application at a drug company expects to interact with the chart in a manner different than that of an end-user in the automotive industry.
- We know that your application may be similar to, but still uniquely different from any of our example programs. To that end we offer our programming services to write for you a custom example program that demonstrates how to code the chart format and user interface you want. That jump start to your project can save you many weeks of work and make you look like a chart programming genius. All you have to be able to do is describe in detail what you want the example to do.
- For more information or a quote, please contact our sales department at email@example.com.
- Doesn’t have the features you need ? Let us know what those are so we can add them in a subsequent release. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
|SPC Control Chart Tools Android Studio Developer Software||ANS-SPC2-DEVR||$350|