Quinn-Curtis Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tools for Microsoft .Net
 QCChart3D 3D Charting Tools for .Net (VB and C#)
 Reset Chart and Shape of Chart question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jules

10 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  04:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I've been asked to find out if the shape of the 3D chart can be represented in the form of a "cube" rather than a rectangle. I haven't been able to find this information within the api.

I would like to implement a button similar to reset within the rotation chart control. Often when zooming in and rotating users have the need to reset the chart to its original state. Is there a function to achieve this, or will I need to call chartview.ResetChartObjectList and replot the values?

Thanks.

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2010 :  10:11:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The apsect ratio (h/w ratio) of the chart is controlled by the SetGraphBorderDiagonal method. So if the overall ChartView window is sized with an aspect ratio of 1:1, setting a symmetrical graph border around the plotting are should give you equal height and width for the chart.

// 0.15 border around plotting area.
pTransform1.SetGraphBorderDiagonal(0.15, 0.15, 0.85, 0.85) ;

The depth of the chart is controlled using the SetFractionalZViewportDepth method. A value of 1.0 should give you a visual depth equal to the height and width.

chartVu.SetFractionalZViewportDepth(1.0);

The best way to return the graph back to it original state, is to do as you describe: clear the chart display list buffer using ResetChartObjectList, and then replot the chart using your original graph building routine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quinn-Curtis Forums © 2000-2018 Quinn-Curtis, Inc. Go To Top Of Page