drawing on the graph via mouse input
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jandropov

4 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2010 :  11:47:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi.
I've been attempting to allow the drawing of a line, using the mouse, in the same window that the quinn curtis dll draws the graph, but i've had no success (i.e. the line does not show up).
I tried to do something similar using the quinn curtis functions, but it would mean creating a new object (WGPolyline) on the fly, but this new object would need to be created after the graph has been created (i get an "serious error" message when i do this).
Is it even possible to use the device context (the same window/device context that the quinn curtis dll is using) to make window GDI calls to draw on the graph with the mouse?

quinncurtis

1531 Posts

Posted - 25 Nov 2010 :  20:31:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arbitrarily adding a chart object (WGPolyline in your example) to a graph, after the graph has been defined in the graph building routine, will cause a runtime error with our software. You can however add chart objects after a graph has been created if you place them between WGPreAddGraphObject and WGPostAddGraphObject calls. See the manual for details regarding these two functions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quinn-Curtis Forums © 2000-07 Quinn-Curtis, Inc. Go To Top Of Page