Quinn-Curtis Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tools for Microsoft .Net
 Real-Time Graphics Tools for .Net (VB and C#)
 Placing Meter independent of ChartView
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

logan54

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2013 :  13:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,
I am evaluating QC RT Chart for WPF, therefor i test the BarApplication1 c# example.

For my Application I want to use a Bar, but the corresponding RTNumericPanelMeter for this Graph should be put to another grid than the ChartView. Is It possible to place a RTNumericPanelMeter object independent of the Graph area?

sincerely
Logan

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2013 :  14:01:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is not clear from your question if you want to place both objects (the bargraph, and the RTNumericPanelMeter) in the same window, just at independent locations, or in two different windows, completely independent of one another.

Any of our charting routines must be place in one of our ChartView containers. But you can have multiple ChartView objects in a single program. So you use one to display the bargraph, and another to display a RTNumericPanelMeter.
Go to Top of Page

logan54

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  12:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I've managed to place a bar graph and a RTNumericPanelMeter on different ChartView objects and keep using one data source.

How can I manage to use all the available space of the container (grid) for the RTNumericPanelMeter.
I'am using the following Code:

CartesianCoordinates lbltrans = new CartesianCoordinates(0.0, 0.0, 70, 60);
lbltrans.SetGraphBorderDiagonal(0.0, 0, 65, 1);
RTNumericPanelMeter rtpnl = new RTNumericPanelMeter(lbltrans, EngineRPM1, new ChartAttribute(Colors.Firebrick, 5.0, DashStyles.Solid, Colors.rtpnl.NumericTemplate.TextFont = new ChartFont("Microsoft Sans Serif", 16, FontStyles.Normal);
rtpnl.NumericTemplate.PostfixString = "[%]";
chart.AddChartObject(rtpnl);

regards,
Logan
Go to Top of Page

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  12:48:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by using all of the available space. But your code does seem to have a significant error. The SetGraphBorderDiagonal (SetGraphBorderDiagonal (0.0, 0, 65, 1)) method takes values in Normalized Graph Coordinates, which means the values should be in the range 0.0 to 1.0. You seem to be using the scaled physical coordinates, though I have no idea where the last value of 1 comes from. So I would think you might want:

CartesianCoordinates lbltrans = new CartesianCoordinates(0.0, 0.0, 70, 60);
lbltrans.SetGraphBorderDiagonal(0.0, 0, 1.0, 1.0);

If you want the numeric readout value bigger, make the font bigger.
Go to Top of Page

logan54

Austria
4 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  14:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

thank you for you corrction, using correct CartesianCoordinates and adding
rtpnl.PanelMeterPosition = ChartObj.PLOTAREA_CENTER;
instruction
i could center the PanelMeter in the ChartView, so the PanelMeter is positioned correctly for me.

Impressions so far:
It took me about 30h to get an overview of the whole software packet. The difference between 2D Grapher und RT Grapher was a little bit confusing to me. I thought RT Grapher for scrolling functionality is mandatory, but obviously not if I do not drop realtime Data on the X-Axis. Also the ChartObj Enum looks "unstructured" to me, especially because I couldn't find the QCRTGraphWPFCompiledHelpFile.chm File somewhere which is referenced several timse from the user Manuals.
Anyhow, your toolbox is suited well for industrial application and is a good replacement for my old WinForms toolbox (DynaPlot)

regards,
Logan

Edited by - logan54 on 20 May 2013 14:47:40
Go to Top of Page

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2013 :  15:13:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback. The QCRTGraphWPFCompiledHelpFile (and QCChart2DWPFCompiledHelpFile) is part or the Developer package, not the trial version.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quinn-Curtis Forums © 2000-2018 Quinn-Curtis, Inc. Go To Top Of Page