Quinn-Curtis Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tools for Microsoft .Net
 Real-Time Graphics Tools for .Net (VB and C#)
 Some more basic questions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soundar

51 Posts

Posted - 13 Oct 2013 :  20:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After years of programming this I am nowhere near understanding these graphs fully! Everytime I take it up after a gap of few months I have to start all over again!

What is the difference between

xaxis.setscalestartX/stopX, and Y
transform.setscalestartX/stopX and Y
scrollframe.ChartObjScale.SetScaleStartX and Y

what is the difference between
xaxis.calcautoaxis, yaxis.calcautoaxisand
transform.autoscale

and when should these be used/not be used?

Am I the only one who is this stupid?

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 14 Oct 2013 :  08:49:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The difference between the coordinate system and the axes is discussed on the first page of Chapter 7 - Axes in the QCChart2D manual. Ask any questions referencing that discussion. The axes are graphical objects which reside in the coordinate system. They do NOT have to have the same extent as the coordinate system.

The coordinate system ScaleStart and ScaleStop define the extent of the coordinate system. The axes do not have ScaleStart and ScaleStop methods. They do have AxisMin and AxisMax function. They control the extent of the axis in the associated coordinate system.

The transform.AutoScale methods fit the coordinate system to the data. The axes.CalcAutoAxes methods fit the extent of the axes to the associate coordinate system.

The RTScrollFrame manages the scaling of the associated coordinate system. Calling the scrollframe.ChartObjScale.SetScaleStartX and Y is the same thing as calling SetScaleStartX and Y on the underlying coordinate system

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quinn-Curtis Forums © 2000-2018 Quinn-Curtis, Inc. Go To Top Of Page