Linear Axis Labels not showing up correctly
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soundar

51 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  07:21:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Linear axis data like this -

Linear axis values of the points are approx 1 apart (it IS linear axis, not time axis).
But instead of the x axis labels displaying values 0,1,2, etc, the labels show values of 0, 1000, 2000, 4000 !

I even checked if the values going in are correct by doing dataset.GetXDataValue() and it does report the values I had fed.

I have emailed an example by separate email. Note that x axis should go from 0 to 1 instead it goes from 0 to 10.

Any ideas why this could happen?

Edited by - soundar on 09 Nov 2015 09:06:57

quinncurtis

1531 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2015 :  09:17:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Our only guess is that the axis is being scaled against data different than you show. Are you using multiple coordinate systems in your graph, or do you have multiple sets of data, with different ranges? Maybe one of data value in your dataset is completely outside of the range of all of your other values. Or maybe when you create the x-axis and x-axis labels, you have one set of coordinate system values (and the axis auto-scale to those values), but you later re-scale the coordinate system min and max values to new data, but the x-axis still uses the original values.

We do not see any email from you. If you already sent it, what email address did you use? Send it again, use support@quinn-curtis.com
Go to Top of Page

quinncurtis

1531 Posts

Posted - 10 Nov 2015 :  15:53:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your description is now completely different than what you posted on the forum.

You said that when the data was 0 to 40, "the labels show values of 0, 1000, 2000, 4000 "!

Then you modified that to say "Note that x axis should go from 0 to 1 instead it goes from 0 to 10."

Now you say data values of 0.1 to 9.1 result in x-axis scaling of 0 to 10.

This is what is expected. The auto-axis routines round the axis minimum to the smallest even value, and maximum up to the nearest even value. So 0.1 is rounded down to 0 and the 9.1 is rounded up to 10. The x-axis labels are then displayed using the numbers adjusted to that scale. This produces the neatest possible graph.

Please take the time to describe what your problem is in a consistent manner.

Also, please specify exactly which version of Visual Studio (VB) you created your example program using.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quinn-Curtis Forums © 2000-07 Quinn-Curtis, Inc. Go To Top Of Page