New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dmsimpkins

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  12:26:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using
this.ChartData.SetNotesString("my notes")
to set the notes for each data point in my chart (derived from SPCBatchVariableChart).

For some reason, each note begins with the point index, the point's Y value, then on the next line the string "Notes -". How can I remove this default text and just have the note display the text I set explicitly?

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  13:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It sounds like you are describing the data tooltip, which is invoked by clicking on a data point. You can add a sample interval's notes to the data tooltip by setting the Datatooltip.EnableNotesString to true. What is not optional is the y-value of the data point.

If you want to just see the notes, Enable the Notes line in the Table.

this.EnableNotes = true;

Then, on the NOTES row in the table, click the "Y" (default is left click, though you can change that to right click) displayed for a sample interval with a note. You will see only the note, and no other information.

So what are you doing, clicking on the data point, or the NOTES row in the table?
Go to Top of Page

dmsimpkins

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  13:51:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry I should have been more specific. I am referring to the datatooltip notes. I have it enabled with
this.PrimaryChart.Datatooltip.EnableNotesString = true;

I'm not displaying a table at all. I am seeing the note that I pass in to the SetNotesString function, but mine are appended to the default text that I mentioned. I'm just curious if there's a simple way to remove this default text from the datatooltip notes? Sounds like I might be out of luck.
Go to Top of Page

quinncurtis

1585 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2016 :  14:01:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but since it is a data tooltip, and appending the sample interval notes is something we added later, we never created a mode where the data values are not displayed.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Quinn-Curtis Forums © 2000-2018 Quinn-Curtis, Inc. Go To Top Of Page