Case Study #2 – Android-Based Fishing App for Mobile Devices
This project was sponsored by a smart fishing sensor company in the US. They had us develop the prototype for an Android-based app which communicated using Bluetooth with a smart fishing lure which could report back temperature and depth information. The resulting data was charted with respect to time on the mobile device.
Display and User Interface Features
- The app communicates with the source fishing sensor using Bluetooth.
- Dual, synchronized plots of temperature and depth
- Scrolling left or right and pinch zooming
- Data tooltips readout for temperature and depth
- Previously recorded data files can be loaded and reviewed off-line.
- Integrated setup dialogs
- Data file logging.